It’s time to showcase your creativity!
SHORT STORY COMPETITION, FICTION.
OPENS: December 16, 2017
EXTENDED TO MAY 10, 2018
Dig into that draw of stories or find that inspiration and tell a short story of 2000-2500 words in any of the following fiction genres:
Enter the Gold Coast Writers’ Association Short Story Competition for your chance to be published in a 2018 anthology showcasing the top 25 stories as voted by the committee of the GCWA.
All entrants also have the ability to make a title suggestion in their submissions which will be voted on through social media and the Gold Coast Writers’ Association website. The winning title entrant will win a free copy of the published anthology.
Entry Requirements, Terms and Conditions
- All entrants need to be current members of the Gold Coast Writers’ Association.
- A maximum of two entries can be made by a single writer.
- Each story must be no less than 2000 words and no more than 2500 words.
- All entries must be submitted online via email to Beverley Streater firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once an entry has been submitted, no replacements will be accepted.
- Five (5) stories maximum will be selected for each of the five genres to total twenty-five (25) short stories to be published.
- Gold Coast Writers’ Association general committee members are able to enter.
- All entrants will be read and voted on by the committee of the Gold Coast Writers’ Association. Decision is final.
- The Gold Coast Writers’ Association assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein.
- The Gold Coast Writers’ Association is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes.
- Winners will be notified by email and announced at the following Gold Coast Writers’ Association Monthly meeting, and through social media, website and newsletter.
- Published winners receive one free copy of the published anthology.
- Books will be available for pre-order at a special member’s price.
- Book sales are used to cover print costs and any profit made will be put back into the Association.
- Publishing costs including title registration, cover design, book formatting, and eBook creation will be donated by Ocean Reeve Publishing.
- Copy editing and proofreading will be undertaken by the editing team of the Gold Coast Writers’ Association.
- No entry fee applies. This is a free competition.
- Your entry must be original, in English, unpublished and unproduced, not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission.
- The Gold Coast Writers’ Association retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the winning entries to be published in a 2018 anthology publication. Copyright remains with the author.
- All entries must be provided on A4 Page Size in Microsoft Word. All manuscripts must be single-spaced. Entry files should include: Name, Email, Phone number, Story title, Word count, Genre (must be of the five available), Gold Coast Writers’ Association Membership Number, and suggested Title for the anthology.
- BE SURE OF YOUR WORD COUNT! Entries exceeding the word limits will be void.
- While each winning story will undergo professional proofing, please ensure your story has been edited and proofed to the best of your ability prior to submission.
- Winners will be announced on 19th of May with the Book Launch in mid-August 2018.