2022 Annual General Meeting
The Gold Coast Writers’ Association holds its Annual General Meeting (AGM) each year. The Gold Coast Writers’ Association is a not-for-profit group. The GCWA Committee are all voluntary members.
Date: Saturday 18 September, 2022
Time: 12:00 pm
Venue: Burleigh Waters Community Centre
Audience: All welcome
GCWA AGM: Note that nominations are open for for all positions:
Agenda of the Gold Coast Writers’ Association Inc. Annual General Meeting
- Opening of the Annual General Meeting.
- Elect members of the Committee.
- Consider any other relevant business.
Current positions available for the 2023 period:
- Vice President
- Membership Secretary
- Newsletter Editor
- Online Media Manager
- Many of the incumbents will likely re-submit for their current role. All committee roles are available for self-nomination although
- Submit a completed Nomination Form before the September GCWA AGM by email to: email@example.com
If you wish to nominate for a position on the committee, please be aware that all nominations must be received on the official GCWA AGM form – HERE.
President Role Profile
Secretary Role Profile
- Attendees at the AGM do not have to nominate for any of the roles. Your attendance can simply be to enjoy networking with this creative community.
- However, if you are interested in a GCWA Committee role, please read through the role profiles (attached PDFs) to find out more. There are some obligations to carry out and be involved in this committee, as this role is important to direct and participate in the future of the GCWA.
- Joining the GCWA Committee means that you should be prepared to commit to the role for at least one year. Even General Committee members (no role specified) also have a few obligations such as attending monthly meetings of the committee (normally 10 am – 12 pm) before the general GCWA meetings start at 12 pm.
If you have any queries please email the GCWA Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t joined a voluntary committee before, or one that is as active as GCWA, this is a great opportunity to participate as a general committee member and learn a few skills that may help you in future.
If you are a keen writer or have skills and experience in writing, editing or organising, you too can join us as a general committee member and help as the need arises. We are all volunteers, so the more helpers, the better! We do have a nominal maximum of ten (10) committee members.
Please see our GCWA – Member Rights and Responsibilities information.
GCWA Constitution document.