Member Blog by Christine Betts What is Genre? Simple question with a simple answer. Genre is a style of art, music, or literature. In all forms of artistic expression, readers and viewers have come to expect certain elements from their preferred genre. The Happily… Continue Reading “Worldbuilding”
Every 3rd Saturday of the Month
Doors open at 12:00pm.
Doors close at 3:00pm.
All care is taken in the preparation of the information and published materials on this site. The Gold Coast Writers’ Association does not make any representations or give any warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness, or suitability for any particular purpose. To the extent permissible by law the Gold Coast Writers’ Association will not be liable for any expenses, losses, damages (including indirect or consequential damages) or costs which might be incurred as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason. If you have any concerns regarding the content of the website please contact the president email@example.com
We value your feedback and welcome your informed, relevant, and respectful comments on
our website and social media accounts. To encourage open, safe, and relevant discussions,
we have created some basic rules about making comments on our posts.
Rules for comments
● Keep comments short and to the point.
● Respect the opinions of others and refrain from responding in a hostile manner.
● Do not post any material in the comments that is unoriginal, in which you don’t own
the copyright, or which in any way violates or infringes the copyright, registered
trademark or intellectual property rights of another person.
● Do not post material that is obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane,
indecent, or unlawful.
● Do not post material that you know or suspect to be false, misleading, or deceptive.
● Comments are solely the opinions of the individuals leaving them. In no way does
Gold Coast Writers Association endorse or condone them.
● The individual making a comment takes full responsibility for any personal details
they choose to share.
● Gold Coast Writers Association will not publish comments that are:
o slanderous or defamatory
o racist, sexist, ableist or in any way discriminatory
● Comments promoting products, publications, or fee-paying activities, or with irrelevant
links to websites, will not be published.
Gold Coast Writers’ Association reserves the right not to publish, or to edit, comments that
do not follow the above rules.
If these rules are not followed, we may simply delete your comment without
notice. Moderation is subjective and at the discretion of the moderators. You may be banned
from the site permanently.
If you read any comments that do not follow these rules, please contact us immediately.
Gold Coast Writers’ Association members – please also take note of the GCWA Behaviour
Policy (available upon request).